Thursday, June 14, 2012

Great Wonder I Call A Wonton Wrapper

Over the years I have discovered many weight loss tips and secrets along the way. This one happens to be one of my greatest finds. The wonton wrapper. Yes, you read it correctly. These tasty little suckers are a brilliant "vehicle" for all your junk food endeavors. Here are a few of my favorite wonton creations.


Cheesecake Bites



Here I took some Laughing Cow cinnamon cream cheese (a brilliant invention in itself!) and stuffed them inside wonton wrappers. You dip your finger in water and run along the edges before you fold them over to seal. I sprayed mine with cooking spray, sprinkled with a little cinnamon and sugar, and followed the baking instructions on the package. Add a little fat free whip and fruit and you have yourself a guilt-free plate of heaven! 


Mozarella Sticks


Now I don't know about you but I LOVE appetizers. But of course my ass doesn't love all the calories, which brought me to some tasty improvisions. Here you have a light string cheese wrapped in an egg roll wrapper (very similar to a wonton wrapper - only they are larger). I wrapped the cheese stick, sealed with a little water, sprayed with cooking spray, and baked according to the recommeded time and temp on the package. I did flip them half ways through to get them nice and golden brown on all sides. Enjoy! 


Taco Cups


I love Mexican food. LOVE it. All that cheesy, spicy, creamy guac and sour cream goodnes.. count me in! So here I created the ever-so-tasty taco cup. You bake wonton wrappers in muffin tins to form a little cup (I spray them with cooking spray first so they get golden brown). What you do with these genius little cups from there is entirely up to you. I filled mine with taco meat, black beans, cheese, a little homemade guacamole, sour cream, and tomatoes. In addition to these I have also filled these little cups with tuna/chicken salad, buffalo chicken, scrambled eggs, pizza toppings, and Asian salad.  Truly the PERFECT little bite, no matter what you put in them! 


Jalapeno Poppers


Last but not least for today we have jalapeno poppers. Traditional poppers are deep fried and while they are DELICIOUS, they aren't very waist-line friendly. Which got me pondering on how to create an equally tasty but not so "bad for me" version. For these I took two Laughing Cow cream cheese wedges and mashed in chopped jalapenos - seal, spray and bake and there you have an AMAZING (and low calorie!) snack. These babies are so good even the men in my family love them. Even better, they have no idea they are "diet food". As it should be! Stay tuned for more.. 

1 comment:

  1. Theses look so great.So easy and simply delicious,
    yummy yummy in my tummy :)

    ReplyDelete