This was a post on my personal blog but I thought I would share it on here as well...
People are always
asking me, what are you doing to lose weight? What's your secret? How do you
keep losing. Well here it is people. Here is my "secret". (PS, I'm not saying
these are weight watchers rules, this is me and what I
1. I don't
cheat. I track my points. If I put it in my mouth, I count it. (TWSS)
2. If I don't know the points, I find them out
before eating it. (I made this mistake before and it bit me in the ass, can you
say 31 point wrap).
3. I don't waste points on non filling, most
of the time, high point things. Breakfast cereal, fast food, pop (or soda for my
non local friends), cake, cookies etc.
4. I revamped my thought process when it comes
to food. This was me before. No way I can ever eat a salad and be satisfied. No
way I can eat a cold sandwich and be satisfied. Guess what,
Grilled chicken salads are my new favorite and guess what else. That cold sandwich is sure nice
to have when you are in a hurry and it's low points. AND the kicker - both are
5. I don't take nights off. Ever. Ever. Ever.
Not even if it's a special event.
6. I drink a lot of water. I mean I'm a camel
7. I make my meals count. I quit having a bowl
of cereal for breakfast because it's not filling and it's high in points. Over
my dead body will I have a "shake" for breakfast or a "bar" for lunch. Um no
thank you, I'll have my delicious Fried Egg McMuffin for 3pp rather than your 6-9 point
idea of a meal.
8. Fruits and Veggies are 0pp - HALLELUJAH, but I don't
go overboard on them. Fruit still has major calories.
9. When in doubt, I shoot high. If I'm not 100% sure on
the points value I estimate higher than what the tracker might
10. Find the lower point options for the stuff
you eat everyday. Bread 1pp or 2-3pp you pick. Buns 2pp or 4pp. Hot dogs 2pp or
4pp. Brats 3pp or 6pp. You choose.
11. Get a great support system. That is huge
in my success!
12. If I have a craving for something ridiculous in points. I
have it. But not all of it. I have a bite or 2 and that satisfies
13. Change the way you cook, I cook a lot of
things with fat free chicken broth instead of oil or Crisco. You can't tell the difference. I
use the fat free soups to cook with as well, lowers the points but still tastes
the same in your recipes.
14. Don't think you have to make "diet food" I
make 95% of the stuff I used to make. It's called portion control
15. I avoid buying junk food. If I don't have
it in my house, I won't be tempted to eat it.
16. I don't punish myself if I don't have a
loss or if I have a slight gain. I know that I will continue to lose, I just
keep swimming, just keep swimming.
17. I don't exercise. Shame. I know and wish I
could but I don't have time at this point in my life. This is all been from
following these rules.
18. Understand that weight loss is a SLOW
PROCESS. There are a million fad diets out there (ahem spray your fat
away....really?) but the only right way to do this is to change your lifestyle.
You have to want it and you have to be 100% dedicated.
19. I'm not afraid to eat out. Do I do it as
much as I used to, no. But I still do and it's a nice treat. There are some
great websites that show you the points values for a lot of popular
20. Last but not least. These new clothes that
are looking fricking fantastic on me sure feel great oh and all the compliments
help a little too ;) !!!